OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Management System
OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health & Safety
OHSAS 18001 has been developed in response to industry demand for a recognisable health and safety management system standard which can be externally assessed and certified.
An effective and robust occupational health and safety (OHS) management system can help you turn uncontrolled hazards into controlled risks and so better safeguard the well-being of both your people and your business.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001
- Protecting your people – a structured approach to hazard identification and risk management which can contribute to the provision of a healthier and safer working environment and the avoidance of a high proportion of accidents and occupational health problems. This should help reduce lost time through employee illness and injury which in turn can lead to improved staff morale.
- Minimising risk – the management of health and safety becoming more transparent and effective by translating the outputs of risk assessment, audits, inspections, legal reviews and incident investigations into action plans to minimise the risk of accidents.
- Legislation – provides a means for identifying existing legislation and other relevant requirements helping you stay within the law. This in turn can lead to potential reductions in liability claims and lower insurance premiums.
- Stakeholder confidence – increased credibility from having an OHS management system independently assessed
- Management system based – the ‘plan do check act’ basis of this standard is in common with other management system standards, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, meaning it is easier to develop an integrated system.
Why use us?
We have direct experience of working in the maritime security industry and authoring the Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OHSMS) for a leading MARSEC company. We established, documented, implemented (and currently maintain) their system which allowed them to achieve OHSAS 18001 Certification.
Integrating your OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 management systems?
If you have OHSAS 18001 and are thinking about implementing ISO 14001, we can help. Demonstrate that your organisation implements industry best practices for health and safety and environmental procedures and implement an integrated management system certified to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.